Commentaries by Xu Hongcai
- Mar 20 , 2017Both economies have too much to lose by putting up trade barriers, thanks to their intricately connected markets. China and the US should build common understanding through communication at various levels and find more points of converging interests so as to avoid risks and strengthen cooperation.
- This is the first time that “seeking progress while maintaining stability” was upgraded to an unprecedentedly high status, that is, from a methodology for economic work to an important principle for governance.
- China’s economy was stable as reported by the NBS, shaking off the negative growth of 54 months and showing that China’s industrial output has escaped from the difficulty of deflation. If the short-term steady growth policy and the long-term structural reform policy can be carried out, economic growth is expected to be over 6.5% next year — despite any potential actions by the US Federal Reserve and domestic pressures.
- Apr 07 , 2016Interlocking the G20 and the IMF, better coordinating the five major economies, and reducing dependence on the US dollar are all opportunities for the Hangzhou summit during China’s G20 presidency.
- The A-share market has been undergoing an unprecedented plunge since mid-June, with the benchmark Shanghai Composite Index having declined about 30% and the capitalization of listed companies having shrunk by about 20 trillion yuan (about $3.23 trillion).