Commentaries by South China Morning Post
- Jun 01 , 2016China is preparing an air defence identification zone (ADIZ) in the South China Sea, two years after it announced a similar one in the East China Sea, according to sources close to the People’s Liberation Army and a defence report.
- China has warned the Group of Seven (G7) countries against engaging in talks that might worsen tensions in the South China Sea, as leaders of the seven economic powers meet in Japan.
- The Chinese navy has begun a comprehensive combat drill in the South China Sea involving its most advanced warships amid rising tensions with the United States over the disputed waters.
- Apr 28 , 2016China’s President Xi Jinping has said territorial disputes in the South China Sea must be resolved through negotiations between the countries involved.
- Two-day event marks the 25th anniversary of the start of the dialogue and comes ahead of The Hague’s ruling on territorial dispute
- China has agreed with Brunei, Cambodia and Laos that the South China Sea territorial dispute should not affect relations between Beijing’s and Asean, China’s Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.
- Apr 15 , 2016The Beijing-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the US-dominated World Bank – originally seen as rivals – have signed an agreement to co-finance projects.
- Apr 07 , 2016China’s foreign exchange reserves gained US$10 billion in March, in a sign of abating panic over the prospects of the world’s second biggest economy and the outlook of its currency.
- Mar 09 , 2016Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi spoke by telephone with US Secretary of State John Kerry on Wednesday about the situation on the Korean peninsula, China’s foreign ministry said.