- Yang Wenjing , Chief of US Foreign Policy, Institutes of Contemporary International Relations
Oct 27 , 2016While the outgoing US president has been visionary in his effort to refurbish America’s image abroad, his embrace of rules-based order — with its traditional domination by Washington — can look very much like business as usual.
- Marianne Ojo , Visiting Professor and Post-doctoral Researcher, George Mason University
Oct 07 , 2016Marianne Ojo analyzes the effect that foreign affairs, national security, and economic concerns have on the narratives present in the U.S. Presidential debates. Just how devastating could Trump be for the U.S economy? The financial markets are preparing and testing the waters, and it can be speculated that the markets will adjust if Trump wins the election despite initially reacting with volatility.
- South China Morning Post ,
Sep 20 , 2016Pledge made during meeting between China’s premier and Barack Obama at the UN amid global concern over Pyongyang’s nuclear test earlier this month
- President Barack Obama makes his final appearance at the United Nations General Assembly this week, with the world looking far different from the one he envisioned taking shape under his leadership when he first addressed the annual gathering eight years ago.
- Reuters ,
Sep 01 , 2016U.S. President Barack Obama will urge leaders of the world's major economies to use fiscal policy and other tools to boost growth while paying more attention to angry citizens who feel left behind, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Wednesday.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping called his US counterpart Barack Obama on Monday (June 13) to express "deep condolences" over the 50 people killed by a gunman in a Florida gay nightclub, officials said.