- Yin Chengde , Research Fellow, China Foundation for Int'l Studies
Sep 13 , 2016China plays a central role in driving global economic recovery and growth, and hosting the recent meetings showed the country’s potential to lead with new ideas. With the progress of China’s grand rejuvenation, China will be able to contribute more with Chinese wisdom, solutions and power to global economic development.
- He Weiwen , Vice President and Senior Fellow, Center for China and Globalization
Sep 13 , 2016Despite the election-year rhetoric in the US, free-trade has been good for both countries and their people, and China and the US should both fight protectionism and support less-restricted trade to lead the global economy back to a path of strong, sustainable and balanced growth.
- AP , The Associated Press
Sep 07 , 2016Four years after they went into a nose dive, tense relations between China and Japan may finally be headed for a return to some semblance of normalcy.
- As the Obama presidency ends, expect the US-China partnership to become ever more complicated. Beijing and Washington will collaborate more on global issues, non-traditional security matters in particular, while contesting more on strategic domains and regional leadership — but there is still hope to forge a predictable and constructive future.
- North Korea fired three ballistic missiles into the sea off its east coast on Monday, South Korea's military said, as the leaders of the Group of 20 major economies held a summit in China, the North's main diplomatic ally.
- Fu Ying , Chair, NPC Foreign Affairs Committee
Sep 02 , 2016As both China and the U.S. play critical roles in reshaping global governance, there is a need for a new concept of “order” that is all inclusive and can accommodate the interests and concerns of all countries, providing a common roof for all.
- Reuters ,
Sep 01 , 2016U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry called on Wednesday on China and the Philippines to abide by an international tribunal's decision on the disputed South China Sea and said there was no military solution to the problem.
- Reuters ,
Sep 01 , 2016U.S. President Barack Obama will urge leaders of the world's major economies to use fiscal policy and other tools to boost growth while paying more attention to angry citizens who feel left behind, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Wednesday.
- Wang Yusheng , Executive Director, China Foundation for Int'l Studies
Aug 31 , 2016Chinese concepts and wisdom about “win-win cooperation”, “new type of major-country relationship”, “community of common destiny of all mankind” and “new security concept” will surely contribute to the G20 in the development of solidarity and a partnership spirit.
- Wall Street Journal ,
Aug 30 , 2016President Barack Obama will meet with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan next week for the first time since the attempted coup in Turkey in July, the White House said Monday.