- Yin Chengde , Research Fellow, China Foundation for Int'l Studies
Sep 27 , 2016In the face of risks and disagreements, the two sides should restart negotiations, and sincerely embark on the road of resolving both the unsettled state of war from the 1950s and the current stalemate over the THAAD deployment in South Korea.
- Jia Chunyang , Assistant Research Fellow, CICIR
Sep 24 , 2016In the wake of the recent embassy attack in Kyrgyzstan, China should not only continue strengthening anti-terror and stability-preservation efforts at home, but also pay greater attention to overseas terrorist threats, and improve its overseas anti-terror capacities.
- Jin Liangxiang , Research Fellow, Shanghai Institute of Int'l Studies
Sep 15 , 2016Constructive mediation rather than military intervention is urgently needed, but first all parties must be realistic about the situation on the ground, and open to a political transition through negotiation.
- Tang Lan , Deputy Director, Institute of Information and Social Development, CICIR
Sep 08 , 2016The US government recently announced it would transfer governance of the Internet to the “global multi-stakeholder community” on Oct 1. This is a majo
- Kemel Toktomushev , Research Fellow, University of Central Asia
Aug 31 , 2016At this stage, it will be premature to immediately associate the blast at the Chinese Embassy in Bishkek with the larger context of ethnic separatism in
- Edward Linczer , Research Associate, American Enterprise Institute
Aug 26 , 2016Security assistance is a tangible means of bolstering partner nations’ ability to fend off Chinese maritime coercion. If the U.S. truly seeks to shift its strategic weight to the Asia-Pacific, it must consider ways to rebalance its security assistance programs to enable its maritime Southeast Asian partners, as they defend the front lines.
- Ian Armstrong , Senior Analyst, Global Risk Insights
Aug 19 , 2016The author argues that the agreement to deploy THAAD to South Korea may mark the first major step in a slow shift towards more strategically mandated Chinese missile development.
- Yang Xiyu , Senior Fellow, China Institute of Int'l Studies
Aug 18 , 2016No matter how the wrangling over THAAD evolves, it will ignite strategic gaming as well as new and high military technology competition among major powe
- He Yafei , former Vice Minister, State Council Office of Overseas Chinese Affairs
Aug 16 , 2016Asia is famous for its multiple civilizations and their core value systems that have guided Asian nations since ancient times. Recent decades have seen China making great contributions to regional economic growth and unity with its peaceful and rapid development. Common development will always be the hallmark of this great region.
- Rogier Creemers , Research Officer, Programme for Comparative Media Law and Policy
Aug 16 , 2016The Chinese government published its national cyber strategy, which aims to transform it into a strong Internet power within this century. It will have a considerable impact on how China will attempt not only to reshape the architecture information and communication technologies at home, but also how it will position itself in global strategic terms.