- Ten years on and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) remains a work in progress. It has achieved much in its short life, but its hesitation in resolving
- Last week in Beijing, Chinese officials were feverishly anticipating Wednesday’s tenth annual summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Astana,
- After more than three months’ military intervention in Libya, NATO has largely shifted its objective from enforcing the no-fly zone to coercing a regime change
- Wu Sike , Member on Foreign Affairs Committee, CPPCC
Jun 13 , 2011The current political unrest in some West Asian and North African nations has had a notable influence. Keeping a close watch on the development and changes to t
- Joan Johnson-Freese , Professor, US Naval War College
Jun 10 , 2011In early May when the US government was scrambling to pass a budget, a provision was slipped into the NASA appropriations bill that while counter to Obama Admin
- The White House rolled out its International Strategy for Cyberspace on Monday, a carefully worded plan, which the US claims will help "build on cyberspace'
- Yang Mingjie ,
May 26 , 2011As a great state with vast territory and a long coastline, China’s development depends heavily on the oceans for commerce, security and resources. It regards a
- Adam Segal , Senior Fellow, China Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations
May 26 , 2011A week after the United States released its International Strategy for Cyberspace, it is possible to gauge some Chinese responses. Not surprisingly, there was a
- Zhao Gancheng , Senior Fellow, Shanghai Institutes for Int'l Studies
May 25 , 2011Senator John Kerry, Chairman of the U.S. Senate’s Committee on Foreign Relations, recently completed a visit to Islamabad for talks with Pakistani leaders in t
- US Navy SEALs launched a secret operation in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad to kill Osama bin Laden which, the US says, is a victory in its war on terrorism.